Started in 1989 by Carlo Di Antonio the Dour Festival celebrates its thirtieth year with an impressive line-up. The Dour Festival has federated all the asperities into a unique event by connecting seven thematic acts, from deep house to rock and passing for different alternative movements over the years. If you like music festivals, you’ll probably be interested in this monstrous festival in Europe. The 30th edition of Dour Festival will take place from 11-15 July 2018 at Plain of the Fire Machine, Dour, Belgium.
Here is what you should know about Dour Festival.
Getting to Dour Festival
There are three airports close to Dour, The airport of Brussels, The airport of Charleroi, The airport of Lille. Each of them allows you to easily travel to the festival. The closest train station is at Saint-Ghislain. The Belgian train company, NMBS, provides trains with a high capacity and even a real ‘Party Train’. One can buy the train ticket for a return trip through nmbs.be/dourfestival, starting from the 20 June (only online). Free shuttle buses depart from the station to bring you to Dour Festival. The ticket and bracelet booth is only open on Wednesday to Sunday: 12h – 00h. (11 July to 15 July). Entrance to the festival site is allowed till 1h before the end of the last concert.
Several bus options are available from France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Switzerland, UK and Germany and all bus packages include way-return bus trip from several cities, a privileged access to camping and a coordinator during the trip. If you are coming by car or bike, the parking is free at Dour Festival. Just keep an eye on the ‘Dour Festival’ signage while approaching the festival site. Oh, there is carpooling option as well.
Over and out: The massive line-up!
Witness more than 200 artists on seven stages, during five days of pure music and love. Yes, you heard that right, however, it is impossible to put down the names of 200 musicians here. Let me start with Juicy, Selah Sue acoustic, Jon Hopkins (Live), Modeselektor (DJ set), King Doudou, Jubilee b2b Madam X, The Jillionaire, Mr. Oizo, Diplo, Hollie Cook, Davido, Joey Bada$$, Booba, The Chemical Brothers, ODESZA, BRNS, Shame, Parcels, Slowdive, Mogwai, Goldfox, Marvin & Guy, Adriatique, Mind Against, Cellini, Farrago, Dax J, Amelie Lens, Rødhåd, Robert Hood, Ben Klock, Black Magic Plastic, Unification Soundsystem, Black Bird Sound System, Reggaebus Sound system, Vale, Lion’s Den, Weeding Dub, Maasai Warrior, Preditah and more.
In its 30th year, Dour Festival will have seven massive stages. The Last Arena, Boombox, La Petite Maison Dans La Prairie, La Caverne, Le Labo, De Red Bull Elektropedia Balzaal, and the Dub Corner. The main stage The Last Arena has a capacity of 15000 people. Another stage De Red Bull Elektropedia Balzaal which is known as the festival dance floor, only DJ’s will play from 3 pm to 3 am nonstop accompanied by an innovative light show. A paradise on earth for all electronic music lovers and clubbers. The Dub Corner can grasp 2000 and as the name suggests, this an assembly area for ‘dubplate’ lovers.
Boombox holds the capacity of 9 000. Do not miss this stage if you are a hip-hop, soul, RnB enthusiast. At night the Boombox stays urban with the best turntablism, sound of the future and huge dance hall dub.
La Petite Maison Dans la Prairie has the capacity of 8500 people and is the perfect place for indie music enthusiasts. You will get to discover well-known bands during the day. During the night this Petite Maison becomes the epicentre of new styles, innovating sounds and tomorrow’s next best band.
La Caverne has the capacity of 6000 people and this stage is a rockers paradise. People who love rock garage, techno hardcore, punk, doom, sludge, stoner, should not miss this stage.
Inaugurated in 2015 The Labo has the capacity of 3000 people. The programmers of the festival have been experimenting with their ideas and trying out the newest trends. For example, if there is 100% rock music, the next day there would be world music. As a result, anything can be experienced.
In collaboration with various hotels in the region, Dour Festival offers hotel packages including breakfast and shuttles to and from the festival. However, it is preferable to stay at the venue as there are plenty of accommodation options and that comes with the purchase of the festival ticket. Choose from The Regular Camping, Green Camping, Comfort Camping, and The Village. Oh yes, they have PRM Camping for the people with reduced mobility as well, where there are road plates for easy access to the festival, adapted sanitary, various elevated platforms to enjoy the concerts.
Taking it further…
- Dour Festival’s Food and Drink tickets are available in presale, serve as currency at the various stands. Apart from Belgian Food, you’ll find much more than fries at Dour Festival. Also, there are possibilities to eat veggie, vegan or gluten-free.
- Look a little bit around and you’ll find everything you wish. Water, soft drinks, energy drinks, coffee and of course beer await you on the festival site as well as the different camping sites.
- Carry sunscreen, earplugs, and if you forget to carry yours, BLOX will provide free earplugs at the Win for Life booth.
- Be hydrated. You can buy a bottle of 0.5l of water for one Drink ticket. At the campsite, they will offer 1.5l bottles of water.
- A “Relax Zone” that is accessible to everyone. Set limits, refresh yourself and eat enough.
- There will be an official merchandise outlet at the festival. You can get official Dour Festival merchandise on the first come, first served way.
- Same as other festivals Dour Festival also has zero tolerance for drugs! So, make sure you keep away from any kind of drugs at the festival grounds to avoid the intervention of the police or attract legal consequences.
- 2018.06.0911 of the best Live music venues in Delhi
- 2018.06.08The story of Manoj Muntashir
- 2018.06.05PDL India to launch a new CRM system – Infinite Soul
- 2018.05.30Quick five with Flava D