Overview: Moj claims to be India’s largest short video app. Available on both iOS and Android, Moj is a free app that allows users to create videos in multiple Indian languages viz., Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Malayalam, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Odia, Bhojpuri, Assamese, Rajasthani, Haryanvi, and Urdu. However, it does not include the English language.
Moj was available on the Play Store on the same day the Indian government banned 59 apps of Chinese origin, including the popular TikTok video-sharing app.
Parent Company: Sharechat (Mohalla Tech Pvt Ltd)
Launch Date in India: 29 June, 2020
Userbase: 80 million (MAUs)
Co-founders: Ankush Sachdeva, Bhanu Pratap Singh and Farid Ahsan.
Music Licensing & Agreements: T-Series, Zee Music Company, Saregama, Speed Records, Times Music, Venus, Lahiri Music, and YRF Music.
- Let’s create videos up to 15 seconds.
- Can be recorded in a series of clips (one at a time), all at once, or using video uploads from one’s gallery.
- Includes special effects, segment recording stickers, emojis, duet, social sharing, etc.
- Includes editing features like- Colour Modulation, Voice Modulation, Beauty Mode, Speed Control, Timer, Text, Background Music.
- Also offers lip-syncing features.
- Allows multiple logins.
Dharmesh, Remo D Souza, Mukti Mohanå, Mohak Narang, Arishfa Khan, Cuty Beauty Khan, Piyanka Mongia, Abraz Khan, Ashish Bisht, Sheena Bajaj, Indeep Bakshi, Aadil Khan, Baba Jackson, etc.
Milestone: Has crossed 50 million downloads on Playstore with an overall rating of 4.3.
Who can you get in touch with? Rahul Nag
- 2020.11.30Know Your Short-Format Video App- Gaana HotShots
- 2020.11.02Label Makers – Why The Lockdown Has Seen A Spurt In The Launch Of New Indian Record Companies
- 2020.11.02The Explosion of Short Format Video Apps and Their Effects On The Music Industry
- 2020.10.26Indian Musicians to Reinterpret Global Hits Through ‘Jim Beam Originals’ Digital Concert Series