Overview: The streaming app, Gaana after its launch in the year 2010 (April) has diversified from just being a music streaming platform. In recent years, Gaana has evolved through enabling various avant-garde streaming features such as in-app voice assistant, switching to video (Gaana Video) from audio, Smart Downloads, etc.
Its latest upgrade is the short format video content on which many singers, celebrities, and influencers are often seen.
The Gaana Hotshots feature is embedded in the native Gaana application available across iOS and Android platforms.
Parent Company: Times Internet
Launch Date: 7 July, 2020
Userbase: 185 million MAUs (due to Gaana downloads)
Head of Gaana HotShots: Prashan Agarwal, CEO, Gaana
Music Licensing & Agreements: Denied disclosing
Features: It is a platform that allows Indian content enthusiasts intuitive, seamless, and snappy tools to create & share short viral videos and stories. A host of ‘HotShot Challenges’ in the performing arts like music, comedy & dance by HotShot influencers, celebs, and international artists often take place.
Users can record up to 15 seconds long videos using multiple filters, stickers, and audio or dialogue of their choice. They can also increase the speed of the video or make it slower if they want. AI integrated effects are also available for the creators to make their videos interesting.
Top Influencers: Riyaz Ali, Avneet Kaur, Jannat Zubair Rehmani, Awez Darbar, Nagma Mirajkar, Neha Kakkar, Darshan Raval, Tony Kakkar, Jass Manak, Parmish Verma, Maninder Bhuttar, Sunanda Sharma, Mankirt Aulakh, Karan Aujla, Kulwinder Billa, Gurlez Akhtar, Satbir Aujla, R Nait, Sukhe Muzical, Nikk and Guri, etc.
- Gaana was the first Indian app to have crossed 100 mn monthly active users (MAU) in March 2019.
- Gaana was one of the most downloaded music apps worldwide for July 2019, landing on the 6th position on the Overall Downloads list and at No.5 on the Google Play Downloads list on Top Music Category Apps Worldwide by Downloads by Sensor Tower.
Who can you get in touch with? Saif Shaikh, Manager – PR & Corporate Communications, Times Internet.
- 2021.02.04Bengali Music Releases from the Second Half of January- Reviewed
- 2021.01.19Warner Music India Strikes an Exclusive Distribution Deal with Sky Digital
- 2021.01.07Interview of the Week- Armaan Malik, Singer-Songwriter
- 2020.12.11Interview of the Week- Bhushan Kumar, Chairman & Managing Director, T-Series