Website Sony Music - Asia & Middle East
Responsible for all music and artist-scouting activities of SONY MUSIC INDIA – across north genres such as Punjabi, Haryanvi etc to build a strong repertoire in alignment with organization’s objectives. The person will also be responsible to create marketing plans for Artists and Songs to ensure maximization on Awareness, Audience/Fan building and Reach to ensure maximization of revenues for the North Repertoire division.
What you will do:
- Drive the development and selection of appropriate artist or music for SONY MUSIC’s artist (whether current or prospective), taking into account the artist’s talents, images, voice quality, pitches, appearances, characters and personalities, etc. provide to SONY MUSIC the priority signing right in, any artists she/he locates and finds.
- Product Release planning and selection. Executing digital and offline marketing campaigns (paid and unpaid). Creative Positioning of Artist, Marketing Planning, Video and Collateral creation, Managing Marketing Budget. Information dissemination to sales and promotional teams.
- Provide advice/expertise on the current and future music fashion/trend as well as the general consumer’s demands.
Connecting SONY MUSIC to the local niche music communities and networks which have been (or will be) established/accessed by the employee.
- Responsible for / provide advice on grooming, development and training of SONY MUSIC’s artist (whether they are new or existing) in terms of, including but not limited to, music production, music play-back techniques, mixing and remixing, vocal techniques, singing techniques, live performances, image, styling, looks, and personality enhancement, etc.
- Liaising, brainstorming and meeting with SONY MUSIC’s teams from time to time relating to how/where SONY MUSIC’s A&R’s strategies are positioned.
Who you are:
- Previous Experience: Any similar profile with deep network in the North Music fraternity
- Education: Graduate/Post Graduate | having a Music/Media degree not a must, but good to have.
- Skills: Thorough understanding of music and the contemporary music scene; Hands-on knowledge of how songs/albums are recorded and produced; Have a good understanding of a variety of music genre specifically Punjabi and Haryanvi; Experiential understanding of commercial success for music; knowledge of consumer taste; Tech-savvy to leverage various sources for artist & music scouting.
What we give you:
You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
We invest in your professional growth & development.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.