Nothing kills the fun of a long drive when you have to juggle between navigating and playing your favourite music. To solve this problem, Google, now, offers built-in music playback controls on one of the most popular navigation app – Google Maps.
This new feature supports popular music services such as Spotify, Apple Music and Google Play Music. It also works on both iOS and Android platforms. However, to avail this feature, the user must enable it first on the Maps.
According to Spotify’s press release, more and more, people are streaming their music from Spotify while on the go. In some cases, that means they’re using their mobile devices for both music and navigation, with navigation as the most widely used non-music app in the car. Now, instead of switching back and forth between your tunes and your directions, our new integration with Google Maps allows you to control what you’re listening to from Spotify right in the Maps app.
Spotify said that this move comes following the harmony between navigation and music through Waze, supported by Google Maps.
With the new update, switching and selecting music will be seamless. Users will able to browse songs, albums, and playlists through a simple entry-point from the Google Maps app into Spotify. There will be a banner in the Spotify app which help in returning to the active navigation.
Spotify confirmed that the integration will be rolling out to all Google Maps users in the next few days.
Steps to add your favourite music streaming app to Google Maps:
1. Open Google Maps
2. Access Maps Settings
3. Access Navigation Settings
4. Toggle on ‘Show Media Playback Controls’
5. Select your default media app.
(Google Maps interface)
- 2019.03.20Session launches ‘Creator Credits’ to embed credits in songs during creation
- 2019.03.19A colourful blast of electronic dance music – Holi Reloaded 2019
- 2019.03.19PPL India strikes deal with Indie Music Label
- 2019.02.23Radio City Freedom Awards 6.0 – The hunt for India’s finest independent music talent has begun