- This event has passed.
The Project Ganganis
April 26, 2019, 7:00 pm
The Gangani family name has been inextricably tied to the Jaipur Gharana of Kathak, since the last nearly 100 years! The sixth generation of this traditional and illustrious family is carrying forward their legacy and love for music and dance, with a contemporary and delightful take on their craft and art. At Avirbhav they share their repertoire in various percussion instruments combining western and middle eastern sounds, with Indian Classical with the intricate and rhythmic footwork of Kathak. This ensemble then culminates into an exuberant family jugalbandi of Kathak and Percussions!
The Project Ganganis
The Project Ganganis is a fusion ensemble that gathers Indian, western and middle eastern rhythms and the intricacies of Kathak dance to create a cohesive yet explosive piece of contemporary art, which they call – The Abstract. 26th April 2019 at Avirbhav!
Mohit Gangani: Tabla
Mahendar Songara: Vocals, Harmonium
Ashish Gangani: Pakhawaj
Aditya Gangani: Cajon, Darbuka
Nishit Gangani: Tabla
Ashmit Dev: Keyboard
Sanjeet Gangani: Kathak
Diksha Tripathi: Kathak
Hitesh Gangani: Kathak
Ipsa Narul: Kathak
Anshika Agrawal: Kathak
About the Cast
- Mohit Gangani comes from a traditional family of music and dance, beginning his tutelage at the age of 5 years from his guru, Pandit Fateh Singh Gangani. An internationally acclaimed artist, he has accompanied some of the biggest artists on stage and has been creating and composing contemporary acts in collaboration with his team since the past three year
- Ashish Gangani began playing the Pakhawaj at the age of 15 years. A prolific percussionist Ashish comes from the lineage of the famous Gangani Family. He has trained under his father Shri Ravi Kumar Gangani and Acclaimed tabla artist and Guru. Pt. Fateh Singh Gangani. Ashish has traveled the world apart from playing at prestigious festivals nationally
- Sanjeet Gangani- Began learning Kathak under his father, Guru Pt. Rajendra Kumar Gangani, at an early age. Sanjeet has a dynamic stage presence and has been performed in various festivals in the country and abroad
- Aditya Gangani has been learning the tabla from his grandfather the legendary tabla Guru Pt. Shri Prem Shankar Gangani. Carrying forward the Gangani family legacy of the music and dance
- Nishit Gangani – All of 15, it is a delight to see Nishit play the tabla on stage. One of the youngest stars of the Gangani family, Nishit’s easy charm and lively demeanour reflects in his playing and upholds the family legacy of passion and reverence for their craft. Nishit is training under the guidance of renowned tabla player Pt. Shri Fateh Singh Gangani.
- Ipsa Narula -Student of Guru Pt. Rajendra Kumar Gangani, Ipsa is a scholarship holder and a regular Kathak performer at the festival circuit.
- Anshika Agarwal – A Delhi based Kathak dancer from the Jaipur Gharana. She is a student of Pt. Harish Gangani. And has performed in many festivals all over the India.
- Diksha Tripathi – A trained Kathak Dancer and has Guru Pt. Rajendra Kumar Gangani and Shri Dheerandra Tewari as her Gurus. She is a widely traveled performing artist and has travelled nationally and internationally.
- Mahender Songara – A vocalist who has trained from Gandharv Mahavidyalay under Guru Bawra Ji, Mahender accompanies Guru Pt. Rajendra Gangani on stage.