The 20th and 21st of December 2019, marked the successful completion of Bollywood Music Project’s fifth edition. The two-day fest, proclaimed as the largest and the only music festival dedicated to Bollywood music across genres including Punjabi, Sufi, Rock, Indi-Pop etc. The fest was an amalgamation of music, entertainment, food & games.
The beauty of the festival lied on the variety of crowd it gathered, ranging from the young to the elderly.
An initiative of Event Captial and Truly Musical, BMP 5.0, brought together various artists on one platform. The duality in stages offered the multifacetedness of artists. The first day of the event included a range of artists such as Ash King, Lisa Mishra, Abhijeet Sawant, Nikhita Gandhi, Sunny M.R., Dhvani Bhanushali, Neha Bhasin, Divine, B Praak and Vishal Bhardwaj.
While the audience was already enthralled by a surprise performance by Raja Kumari with Divine, the surprise factor at BMP 5.0 did not stop there. What heightened the BMP 5.0 experience was towards the end of the concert where Vishal Bhardwaj stole the show by having Arijit Singh on stage, no less than a cherry on top of a cake.
Vishal ji’s songs like Chapa Chapa Charkha Chale, Beedi Jalaile or Dhan Tan Tan made it difficult for the audience to contain the excitement.
One had to be there to witness the magic of two living legends successfully ending the first day of BMP 5.0.
While the first day was eclectic, the second day had more in the offing. The second-day included artists like Anusha Mani, Shalmali, Asees Kaur, Raftaar, Divya Kumar, Ram Sampath and Sunidhi Chauhan among many others.
The live act of Divya Kumar brought Arijit Singh again on the stage that irresistibly increased the audience’s enthusiasm. Sunidhi Chauhan’s headlining act stole the show. Calling her performance power-packed would be undermining what an experience she brought amongst the audience. So much so, Raftaar and Arijit were both enjoying her performance in the audience.
For two hours straight, she captivated the audience, making everyone vibe to either a Beedi Jalaile or Darkhaasth; Crazy Kiya Re or Kamli, the songs were endless.
The fifth edition of the gala was another successful one such as its preceding seasons.
In the last four editions, BMP has witnessed more than 2.5 lakh attendees and over 150 artists from Bollywood Music.
Major takeaways from BMP 5.0–
- Power-packed performances by Vishal Bhardwaj, Sunidhi Chauhan and Divya Kumar
- Safety and security of attendees
- Hospitable environment for all, be it toddlers or elderly
- Comfortable dining area for attendees especially, families
What could be better?
- An improved line-up of artists
- Figuring a way to not let performances from both the stages mix with each other
That said, waiting for another season of BMP looks like a tedious affair. Meanwhile, the fans must be still recovering from the two-day musical extravaganza.
- 2020.11.02Label Makers – Why The Lockdown Has Seen A Spurt In The Launch Of New Indian Record Companies
- 2020.11.02The Explosion of Short Format Video Apps and Their Effects On The Music Industry
- 2020.10.27Know Your Short-Format Video App- Moj
- 2020.10.26Indian Musicians to Reinterpret Global Hits Through ‘Jim Beam Originals’ Digital Concert Series